Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First Day of the internship



Today was my first day going to an office at 9am and working at a desk until 5pm. I felt so grown up today. I geeked out a bit about it, and wanted to call my mom at my lunch break. (how very grown up wanting to tell your mommy I know). I started the day by editing the wikipedia article they have been trying to publish. I then looked at their branding/ logo and typeface for their company. It was rather interesting to see the creative side official in the office. Around 1pm I was told that I could go to lunch any time and that I was allowed half an hour for lunch. I was also then informed that I got expenses, which is probably the most MAGICAL word you could say to an intern. Apparently they are going to be paying for my monthly student oyster card (81pounds) and lunch (only up to 5 pounds a day) BUT STILL! I really lucked out. When I came back from lunch I helped some "clients" write cover letters and apply to jobs. Many of the clients that come to attend have suffered strokes, or brain injuries. I felt that I was really helping. I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. I'm very excited for the work and help I'll be providing, I just need to learn to speak up. After the internship as a treat for saying job well done, I just went down a few blocks, to London's famous toy store Hamleys. It really is very cute.
Royal Crown Jewels, Queen and guards all made out of legos
It's called ride a darlek. Kids can ride inside them
 just like those cars I used to pedal around in, expect this
 blows upso saves Mom and Dad some room, veryyyy nifty. 

That's all for now.
Ta Ta Cheerio and all that jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment